Oregon Medical Marijuana CardsHelping you get your medical marijuana card every step of the way

1Apply Below

Complete the application below, you will then be directed to a medical records release form, this important step will allow us to start working on your application.

2Physician Review

Once your deposit is made and your appointment set, your records will go into an advanced review with our physician to determine your eligibility.

3Get Your Card

Attend your scheduled appointment for the completion of your state application, then simply mail the application to the state and your card will be mailed to you.

OMMP Card Frequently Asked Questions

Can the OMMP refer me to a physician?

No. A patient can consult with any doctor as long as the doctor or physician is licensed to practice in the state of Oregon.

Where do I get the seeds or plants to start growing medical marijuana?

The OMMP doesn’t have information about medical cannabis resources.

I do not have the money for the application fee. Is it a one-time payment? Can it be waived? Can I make installment payments? Will my insurance pay? Can I pay with my credit card?

No. The payments can only come in form of checks or money order. Everything must be paid in full.

Why do I need to have a physician sign and date the form or send a chart note to the OMMP? Why can’t I just provide my medical records?

In accordance with Oregon’s Medical Marijuana Act (Section 3 (2)(a), and OAR 333-008-0020(1)(c), a physician must state in writing that the patient has a qualifying debilitating medical condition and that medical marijuana may mitigate the symptoms or effects of that condition. As proof, medical record must show the recommendation of medical marijuana as a form and/or treatment to the patient’s condition. Records from any doctor will be allowed as long as it clearly states that the patient will have a health benefit for using medical marijuana, if this is shown on the record. This can be submitted to OMMP for verification.
For verification purposes, the records must be signed by the doctor or physician the patient consulted with. Records must have to be dated at the most current time. It should show a record at least the last 3 months on chart to prove that it is indeed current.

Why are only MDs (Medical Doctors) and DOs (Doctors of Osteopathy) qualified to sign the “Attending Physician’s Statement” of the application? Why not naturopaths, chiropractors, or nurse practitioners? Does the physician have to be licensed in Oregon?

Every rule that is followed in the OMMP is based on Oregon’s medical marijuana act. It is stated that only medical doctors and osteopathy doctors who are licensed to practice medicine in the state of Oregon are allowed to sign the Attending Physicians Statement in the application form. Each of the doctors and physicians who are allowed are all qualified and have no bad records or whatsoever to prevent them from doing their practice.

I am planning to grow my own medical marijuana. Is it necessary for me to present a list of my grow site on my application?

OMMP must be given a copy of the address of the marijuana plantation or factory as stated in OAR 333-008-0025(1). It is customary for the department to register just one address where a patient will manufacture his marijuana. Only grow sites from Oregon will be registered.

I am an OMMP patient. Should my landlord know? Is it legal for my landlord to evict me once he finds out that I have my own marijuana grow site within our housing? Is it possible for me to stay in a subsidized housing while I am an OMMP patient?

The decision to inform your landlord that you are an OMMP patient depends on you entirely. OMMA does not specifically state if a landlord can evict an OMMP patient or not even though he only owns the legal amount of marijuana allowable. OMMP does not specifically state whether an OMMP patient can stay in a subsidized house or not. OMMP advises people with important concerns to consult an attorney for better understanding of their rights and other legal matters.

Must the OMMP be aware of things like change of mailing address, change of assigned primary caregiver, people accountable for grow sites, or change of grow site location?

Yes, you are expected to inform the OMMP of any such changes. You are required to do so in writing within 30 days. You may choose to send the written information by mail or by hand carrying them yourself. The OMMP will then send you a letter confirming the change has been noted. Any change will be updated in the computer database which will then be kept in your own file. You will not be charged with any civil or criminal crime for any of these changes. You are required to give back your previous caregiver card or the grower card in not more than 7 days once you have changed your grower or caregiver.

After I have sent my application through mail, what will happen if I was not able to include all the parts of the application?

Your application will be reviewed by OMMP to check whether it is complete or not. If it happens that your application is not complete as per OAR 333-008-0020, you will receive the “incomplete letter”. It will give you a list of the missing application parts. You are required to complete the missing parts in 14 days from the receipt of the letter. It will also explain the conditions which might terminate your application. Once you have submitted all the application parts to the OMMP, you will be sent the “complete letter”. Your status will then be confirmed with your physician.
You will be given the “complete letter” by the OMMP once they have found your application complete. This letter will let you know that they will issue your identification card. You will receive this registry ID in 5 days once OMMP has confirmed all the data you have entered in your application. A “verification letter” will be sent to your physician on the day OMMP sends your “complete letter”. The person accountable for the marijuana grow site will then have his criminal background checked. The letter sent to your attending physician aims to confirm you as his patient. It will also confirm you as patient having a debilitating health condition under the Oregon medical Marijuana Act and that the symptoms caused by your condition can be alleviated by taking medical marijuana. However, if you are just trying to renew your application, the letter to your physician aims to confirm that you are under his medical care.

Is it a must for me to have my own copy of the application I sent to the OMMP as well as every data accompanying it?

You must certainly do so. As stated in ORS 475.309(9), you are allowed to submit to law enforcement a copy of the documents you have submitted if the application you sent has not been approved yet, denied or even terminated. Mailing date and proof of document transmission must also be provided. The said documentation shall be deemed equivalent to a registry identification card up until the moment you received your card or has been notified of your application approval, denial or termination.

Who are allowed to use marijuana?

Only those recognized by the OMMP as having a debilitating health condition and has received a legal OMMP card are allowed under the OMMA. They will be excused from criminal state laws for using marijuana for the relief of the symptoms of their medical condition.

Why can’t pharmacies fill a medical marijuana prescription?

Only drugs that are prescribed by valid medical practitioners can be dispensed by pharmacies. Marijuana falls under Schedule I Drugs, meaning medical practitioners are not allowed to prescribe them.

I want to know if OMMA is acknowledged in other states as well. Would I be charged with a civil or criminal offense if I travel to other states and they found marijuana on me along with my OMMP registry card?

Currently, there is no agreement between OMMP and other states to acknowledge the Oregon law. California and Washington has their own medical marijuana laws but they do not have any agreement with Oregon yet regarding this matter. It is better to consult the laws of the state you plan to travel to for information regarding their own medical marijuana program.

Am I assured of my privacy regarding my use of medical marijuana?

Yes. It is the practice of the OMMP not to divulge information to anyone. Only when law enforcers need to verify specific names or addresses of patients, caregivers or even the people accountable for grow sites can they get in touch with the OMMP or use the 24/7 Law Enforcement Data System. OMMP will then confirm to them whether the particular patient in question, caregiver, as well as the address is currently registered or if the application is still being processed. Only on instances that a patient has specifically written a request can the OMMP divulge any information. When not being used, all OMMP files are safely kept and locked securely.

If my employer asks me to undergo a drug test, what should I tell him?

Medical marijuana users are not excused by their employers as stated by the OMMA. Get in touch with an attorney to consult whether you must tell your employer or not that you are an OMMP patient. OMMP may be contacted in writing by patients for requests to release data about his registration to his employer.

My house is located near a school which means it is a drug free spot. Is it still possible for me to cultivate or possess my own medical marijuana within that site?

There is nothing written in the OMMA regarding this issue. Please consult an attorney about this.

In cases where I am not physically able to sign my application, can I ask a proxy to do so?

Yes, that is allowed provided he states that he is your proxy beside his signature, or if he has a document showing proof that he is your guardian or that he has been given power of attorney.

Can you tell me how the OMMA rules and laws are imposed?

The registration process is enforced by ensuring the completeness of applications prior to issuance of registry identification cards. Incomplete or dishonest applications are terminated, and those who have violated the OMMA will have their cards suspended. OMMP always confirms names and addresses of patients as well as their caregivers, and the grow sites with law enforcers who contact them to ask for such data.

OMMA is imposed by law enforcers throughout the state and they can always confirm with the OMMP if a person, caregiver, grow site owner or grow site area is registered in their program.

Law enforcers are allowed to act on any OMMA violations, as well as any State criminal law violations.

IF I have an OMMP card in my possession, am I allowed to use medical marijuana even if I am on parole or probation?

Even if you currently possess a valid registry card, some restrictions regarding your use and possession of marijuana can be imposed by the authority supervising you be it a parole, probation or post prison status. The Oregon Department of Justice says that authorities can give sanctions to offenders found possessing marijuana even though they own valid OMMP cards since marijuana use is considered illegal by the federal law. Note that such sanctions can be the cause for you getting arrested or sent back to prison.

It is advisable for you to talk with your parole or probation officer regarding your use of medical marijuana to know whether you may be sanctioned for violating your supervision conditions.

Once a court orders to prohibit a cardholder from using medical marijuana or joining the OMMP, OMMP will automatically revoke the registry card.

Who can avail the reduced fees?

Patients wanting to avail reduced fees ($20.00) must show proof that he is currently receiving food stamps, SSI benefits, or that he is fit for the Oregon Health Plan. These should be submitted at the same time that he is giving his application for medical marijuana.

SSDI, SSB, and Medicare are some of the programs that are not allowed to receive reduced fees. Providing a copy of your Food Stamp card is not considered a proof of your eligibility.

Is it possible for a patient to withdraw from the said program?

It is possible to withdraw from the program as long as the patient would be able to submit a document or letter containing a written statement about the withdrawal. All cards are required to be returned within seven days from the date that the withdrawal is decided upon, and all files pertaining to the patient shall be closed and the cards will be deemed void. If possible, the patient is responsible for letting their caregiver or their grower know about the voided cards and the withdrawal fro the program. It is also the job of the patient to compile all cards and to return them to the appropriate department. The Department would then notify the caregiver or the grower about the patient’s withdrawal and about the invalidity of the cards. If the patient decides to get back into the program, they can always do so as a new patient. They would have to submit the documentation and pay the fee required as per OAR 333-008-0020.

Will the withdrawal generate a refund for the patient?

A refund is only applicable to patients who withdraw before any card was issued to them. This, however, might generate a 25% processing fee by the Department. Patients who withdrew after cards have been issued would not get any refund.

Any legal advice from the OMMP?

No. For legal advice with regards to the compliance with the OMMP or the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act, please consult your private lawyer.

apply now
First Name:
Last Name:
Clinic Location:
Basic Qualifications
Are you 18 or older?
Do you have a valid ID?
Qualifying Medical Condition
Must have been diagnosed by an MD with corresponding medical records (REQUIRED).
Severe Pain  
Muscle spasms
Any Questions?